I'm here today to share a card I created with the new Buttercup Stamp Set from Studio Calico!
I LOVE this stamp set and created a fun, one layer card using some easy masking and blending techniques.
Here's how I made it!
I gathered up a few supplies- the Buttercup stamp set, Color Theory inks (Deja Blue, Mint Hint, Coral Bay, and Clean Slate), Versafine Onyx Black ink, cardstock, an ink blending tool, and a mask. I created this square mask out of copy paper. I simply cut a square out using my Cameo!
1. Adhere the mask to the card front with repositionable tape. Stamp the star image repeatedly in different colors on the inside of the square mask.
2. I used the smaller star stamp to fill in any gaps. Stamp as much as you'd like!
3. Take your ink blending tool and tap it on an ink pad to cover it with a layer of gray ink.
4. Gently, lightly blend the gray ink inside the square. Apply the ink in a circular motion and cover completely.
5. Remove the mask!
6. Stamp the sentiment with black ink.
The result is a really fun focal image on a simple card!
I hope you'll give this technique a try!
Thanks for stopping by!